Posted on April 6, 2015
in Projects & Articles
HobbyScience … our favorite bubble solution
BUBBLE SOLUTION RECIPE
and WAND CONSTRUCTION TIPS:
What you need:
- good quality liquid dish soap
- shallow pan or a large dish
- misc. wand making materials such as wire, straws,
netting, string, your hands…
What you do:
- Mix your bubble solution (make lots and store some! The older the mixture the better it seems to work.)
Use about 1 cup of soap and about 1 tsp. of glycerin to a quart of water.
- Make different shaped wands. Be creative and experiment
with many shapes and utilizing different materials.
- Recommended for outdoors ; ) Method tips: Dip your wand into the solution and gently wave with full arm motion. Vary the speed of movement and try blowing into the soap film too!
YouTube Bubble Magic video – Geoff Atkins, the bubble juggler: